1.3
Insurance Plans Acceptance

My daughter was in a car accident in Feb, 2018. After going back and forth between the car insurance and Aetna (our health insurance), we were able to settle the 'policy covered' amount with the car insurance.

We gave the 'exhaustion letter' to Aetna in the beginning of May. It's been almost 3 months and Aetna has yet to send all the EOB's (explanation of benefit) to the medical providers. The bills are piling up with the additional threat of being sent to collections. Spoke with Aetna multiple times, but keep on giving the run around.

The agents are rude and not helpful; their answers are inconsistent with one exception. They always have 2 weeks to send the EOBs to the service providers. And this is the case when we received the EOBs around July 1.

The trauma of child in a car accident and the surgery after that is something I would not wish on anyone. Even more than that, I would not wish anyone experience this super efficient, well-oiled machine.

Not sure if it is just Aetna or is this a common response amongst the payer community in health care. But I get a sense that they think the way for them to avoid paying is to stall and outlast the average patient.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Constant lies, Poor communication, Payment process.

Comments