I had back surgery in 12-07 & United health care says my surgery was not medically necessary!I was in excruciating pain for 7 years before I decided to undergo surgery in the Laser Spine In.

In Tampa. The total cost of the surgery is $70,000.00 & as of today-united health-care says that their doctors say that I got surgery for my convenience & not for my necessity. I do not know where to go from here.

If anyone out there has any advice, please let me know...do I contact a lawyer that i cannot afford?j

Review about: Aetna Health Insurance.

Had an Experience with Aetna?

Comments

The best to do is, FILE A BANKRUPTCY they cannot do any DINGGY DO. Live happy life because you can get your credit build up in as little as 2 years. Rather live PAIN FREE and DEBT FREE instead of living in PAID and SUFFERING not getting anywhere.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #772717

The authoprization from you Insurance Co should have been obtained BEFORE your surgery.In most cases, insurance companies will not pay retroactively.

And, most inusrance companies will not pay for laser surgery.Sorry

Biloxi, Mississippi, United States #52016

It is probably not covered because it is "Laser surgery" and may still be considered "experimental" You need to post more info more details to get help with this.