It is my opinion: Years ago, I purchased a long-term and a short term disability policy from Aetna through my employer.Over 2 years ago, I became disabled because age and numerous other health issues, verified by 3 doctors and other insurance companies.

Aetna harassed my spouse and I, threatened me with job termination, discontinued my employer pay and benefits, conveniently lost or never received documents my doctors and I sent to them several times, misquoted and distorted facts in medical documents I submitted, forced me to retire because of no pay or benefits, committed fraud, made numerous mistakes always in Aetna’s favor, told me verbal lies in phone conversations, made outrageous demands under the threat of being fired “if you don’t go to the doctor today and submit these forms you will be terminated from your job”, Etc, Etc., Etc. Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini's compensation was valued at $17.3 million last year. He got it by screwing people like you and I. Don’t get Aetna insurance for any coverage of any kind.

Aetna will not pay claims and will do anything to avoid paying.

If you do have Aetna coverage, get rid of them ASAP.If you do have problems with Aetna, keep a log, FAX or send all documents 3 times and file a complaints with your state department of insurance.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Aetna. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Aetna.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Aetna to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Aetna?

Comments

Saugus, Massachusetts, United States #1334076

aetna insurance sucks get rid of it if you have it.they are the worst insurance i have ever had. bad,bad,bad.