Has anyone been denied individual health insurance by Aetna due to being on Worker's Compensation (WC)? I am a Hospice RN who had a fall while working and tore my rotator cuff, had a failed surgery and now require a shoulder replacement.

This is all covered by another insurance company, but was told by Aetna that I would be denied coverage r/t being on WC. I don't know what one has to do with the other. I also thought that under Obama's new healthcare reforms, that it was illegal to deny coverage for a pre-existing condition. (Not that they would have any responsibility for any of these bills anyway!) I am in excellent health except for this condition and am terrified of having no insurance.

I am told by Aetna that they believe that all ins. companies will deny me also. I wonder how many others are in the same boat?

Let me know if you are. Thanks

Product or Service Mentioned: Aetna Health Insurance.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 19, 2013.

Comments

Kokomo, Indiana, United States #688233

Pre existing for employers does not take effect till 2014 and that is as long as your employer is following the Health Care Reform Law. If you had other coverage before this plan started then prex does not apply all that is need would be a HIPPA Cert.

This makes perfect sense you need to run all claims related to your shoulder injury through the workers' compensation insurance carrier who handled your shoulder injury claim. They are responsible for paying any bills related to the to the shoulder you injured.

The Aetna representative was correct in saying that any other insurance would deny this claim.